New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter
1. Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run swiftly and be glorified, just as it is with you,
4. And we have confidence in the Lord concerning you, both that you do and will do the things we command you.
6. But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.
8. nor did we eat anyone's bread free of charge, but worked with labor and toil night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you,
9. not because we do not have authority, but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
10. For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.
11. For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.
12. Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.
14. And if anyone does not obey our word in this epistle, note that person and do not keep company with him, that he may be ashamed.