New King James Version
Next Chapter >>>
1. Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:
3. We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other,
4. so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure,
5. which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer;
7. and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels,
8. in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power,
10. when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.
11. Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power,