New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. and sent Timothy, our brother and minister of God, and our fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you and encourage you concerning your faith,
3. that no one should be shaken by these afflictions; for you yourselves know that we are appointed to this.
4. For, in fact, we told you before when we were with you that we would suffer tribulation, just as it happened, and you know.
5. For this reason, when I could no longer endure it, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter had tempted you, and our labor might be in vain.
6. But now that Timothy has come to us from you, and brought us good news of your faith and love, and that you always have good remembrance of us, greatly desiring to see us, as we also to see you--
7. therefore, brethren, in all our affliction and distress we were comforted concerning you by your faith.
9. For what thanks can we render to God for you, for all the joy with which we rejoice for your sake before our God,
10. night and day praying exceedingly that we may see your face and perfect what is lacking in your faith?
12. And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you,