New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
1. Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?
2. Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
4. If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?
5. I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?
7. Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?
9. Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10. nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
12. All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
13. Foods for the stomach and the stomach for foods, but God will destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
15. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not!
16. Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For "the two," He says, "shall become one flesh."
18. Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.
19. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?