New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
3. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself.
4. For I know nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord.
5. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God.
6. Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
7. For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?
8. You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us--and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you!
9. For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men.
10. We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored!
11. To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless.
13. being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.
15. For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
17. For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
19. But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord wills, and I will know, not the word of those who are puffed up, but the power.