New King James Version
<<< Previous Chapter ................................. Next Chapter >>>
2. Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.
3. But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
5. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved.
6. For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.
7. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.
10. For this reason the woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.
15. But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering.
17. Now in giving these instructions I do not praise you, since you come together not for the better but for the worse.
18. For first of all, when you come together as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you, and in part I believe it.
19. For there must also be factions among you, that those who are approved may be recognized among you.
21. For in eating, each one takes his own supper ahead of others; and one is hungry and another is drunk.
22. What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the church of God and shame those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you in this? I do not praise you.
23. For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread;
24. and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
25. In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
26. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.
27. Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
29. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
32. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.